Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Conservation and Political Issues
 Upcoming Elections
 Sequester?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drreb
Advanced Member

USA
932 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  06:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I`m just a bit slow on the uptake here, but something is really strange about all this sequester stuff. As I am informed, all that is to be reduced is the amout of the PROPOSED budget increase for the remainder of the year. If so, why are we laying off border patol agents and teachers already? Wouldn`t their salary already be budgeted for this year? That would be like your boss coming into your office and telling you that your COLA for next year would be reduced 1%, then you go home and cut off the gas and electricity because you can`t afford it! There is no reduction in the budget for this year, only a reduction in the INCREASE for next years and maybe those following years. All the cabinet members all fall into line an tout the propaganda line The only agency not cutting bacl, even increasing the hire rate is.....wait on it.....hold on.....IRS! Hmmmmmmmm. Isn`t THAT odd? I called the veteran`s admin yesterday(I am a USN vet) to ask about a program......nobody there! All gone home because of the sequester!
I forget wich poster on here was a BIG Obama supporter, was it Marco? Well I hope he is happy with his idiot in charge, but you can`t ever tell, he may have gotten his pink slip like so many other Obama supporters. I`m getting used to being in a minority though(American taxpayer) so maybe we can start a protest in DC, get the government to pay for it, take over wall street, save some owls, and do all the fun stuff the other minorities have been doing for years.

Remember, all this is happening because congress and the administration want it to happen and have made plans FOR it to happen. Ever feel like you are being played for a sucker? Well, get used to it.

Secret Formula

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  08:19:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being played is an understatement. Now begins the blame game, mashing of gums and finger pointing. Not sure how but they'll find a way to also blame this on Bush.

Fret Not, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!
Go to Top of Page

JOHN C
Advanced Member

USA
2760 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  8:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two acquitances, one works for the IRS and the other works for Veterans' Administration. Both have mentioned that in about six weeks each will be forced to take a day off using their accumulated personal time WITHOUT PAY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!! John Castelluccio, Jr.

OLDER SUV and house, STILL HAVE new boat-'06 Avenger, Semi-retired-'08, soon to get "new-wife" BUT MAY CHANGE MY MIND and THEN 'MIGHT NOT BE' in debt for the rest of my life! Now & 4-ever!!! Been a memeber on R&R since 09-21-1999
Go to Top of Page

Secret Formula

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  10:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John,
That is sad for your friends, and should be a disgrace to Nobama's administration for having done NOTHING to address the deficit in his entire first term. Oh well caulk it up to another broken promise by the choosen one. If you want to start a fund to help them, I'll kick in the first "C" note!

Fret Not, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!

Edited by - Secret Formula on 03/02/2013 10:08:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Outsideallthetime
Administrator

1855 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  10:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The SEQUESTER is all a laughable situation, PERIOD. It may well present maybe a TWO PERCENT REDUCTION in GOVERNMENT SPENDING. OBAMA has not to this point ever signed a budget!! HE is a joke...

But worse than that, we Americans voted him in and don't know a darned thing that is actually going on. So, if a government worker is required to take a day off without pay, who really gives a damn? If you have a small business and you have to shut down for a day, the employees make the best of it!!

Why do Americans think the government is viable when they are running a DEFICIT BUDGET? I guess we dumb arse Americans think we can just 'PRINT MO MONEY"......

Go to Top of Page

Secret Formula

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  11:15:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outside,
I agree with everything you said. My offer to assist was ONLY to the individuals that "do work" (not entitlement groups), and if the furloughs actually hurt them, be them government workers or not. If they can take the hit, then the / their fat should have been eliminated long ago. It goes without saying that we (The working folks), are in the s**t storm of our lives! I am soon to consider changing my signature sign off, because it is certainly time to start to worry, especially if you you young children or grand children.
Go to Top of Page

marco
Average Member

USA
317 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  1:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Doc (drreb), thanks for dropping my name. I gave up on these political forums a while back as they have become nothing more than ECHO CHAMBERS of the same folks complaining about the same things.

Have I gotten the pink slip? Nope. Actually, my job is doing very well after receiving a larger than expected mgmt performance bonus. My employer is doing well and so are many of my "Obama supporters" who have been re-hired. Lol. Actually, I don't know or care about their political affiliation.

My 401k, stocks, and the educational investments I made for my son are doing well and have surpassed the losses sustained during the tail end of the Bush administration.

While the economy has gotten more challenging and costs have gone up, I've simply adopted and made expense cuts where warranted. Live within your means is my motto. This I accomplish by increasing revenue (more pay) and cutting unneeded expenses. Balanced approach.

After going to the boat-n-fishing show this weekend in Slidell, I am looking forward to getting out on the water very soon and do some fishing! I'll be at the Gun Show in Kenner and Boat Show in the Superdome this weekend.
Go to Top of Page

drreb
Advanced Member

USA
932 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  12:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you are doing so well. I`ll be down in Empire this week-end and getting a bit of work done on the Avenger`s bimini top. Maybe some of the administration will adopt your making expense cuts in a few places so we can get closer to a balance in the budget. I really don`t think there should be another paycheck for any senator or congressman until a budget is passed. There is enough blame to go around in DC, so whether R or D, the whole bunch are nuts! Uh, watch out at the gun show...they might be tyaking license numbers in the parking lot!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000