Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sportsmen's Gear Forum
 Boats / Motors / Boating Equipment
 triumph boats need pro's and con's
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  12:03:23 PM  Show Profile
anyone have any pro's or con's on triumph boats. im in the market for one the 17' center console. dont know much about that ropolene hull...

Edited by - tweet99@eatel.net on 02/10/2003 12:31:19

BigEasyRealtor
Advanced Member

USA
964 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  1:07:34 PM  Show Profile
Don't know anything about Triumph...other than Triumph motorcycles. Please take a look at the 17' Proline Center Console on the RodnReel.com classifieds.

C J Gordon
Go to Top of Page

cajunjimbo

58 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  1:39:10 PM  Show Profile
my dad had a 2000 model 17' logic (name before they changed to triumph) with a 90hp yamaha. hull rode pretty rough. it was a very tough boat, but screws tended to back out of the floor. probably easy to fix, just a nusiance. the sides flex due to the nature of the construction, but from what i was told, not a problem. he upgraded to a scout, which is much drier/smoother, but not the same price point.

support d.u.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  09:53:09 AM  Show Profile
Tweet99
I have Triumph 210CC. Did extensive research on web. Always same result. Owners like boats very much, non-owners skeptical. I am very pleased by the easy upkeep and ride/weight of my boat. Have had several small problems that I resolved directly with Triumph (boat on Grand Isle and didn't want to trailer it to dealer for small repair) and could not have been treated better. Can't beat the prices. Do a web search. Most 170 owners are very satisfied.

Go to Top of Page

jpggpj
Advanced Member

USA
776 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2003 :  11:18:37 PM  Show Profile
Tweet, I know two people that got them. One guy loves his and the other really doesn't know what to think because he had to bring his in for taking in water. Travis couldn't figure it out so after some time the dealer who actually makes the boat took it (the whole time this is happening the Travis did not collect a note on the boat). After getting it back IT STILL TOOK ON WATER. Needless to say my friend was infuriated. He demanded to be refunded in full but Travis and the dealer who makes the Triumph (I forget the name) offered him a brand new latest and bigger model boat as a replacement. He accepted and is waiting for it to come in. Other than that I say go with the opinions of those who own the boat and not the ones who are just offering their opinions.

Go to Top of Page

Gill
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  10:59:49 PM  Show Profile
Just purchased a used Logic 186CC. Needed a couple of parts for it. Contacted Triumph Sunday night by e-mail. Had a reply Monday morning, answered their questions and had another reply from them Monday afternoon. Can't ask for anything better than that. Manufacturer support is an important factor in chosing a product. Gill

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  09:21:26 AM  Show Profile
quote:

anyone have any pro's or con's on triumph boats. im in the market for one the 17' center console. dont know much about that ropolene hull...

Edited by - tweet99@eatel.net on 02/10/2003 12:31:19

Almost bought a 19ft. Triumpth. I did some research and was somewhat impressed with the product. But by great fortune, I found a 1990 Gulf Line with equal features for about $11,000 less and NO monthly notes. If you can afford to spend the money, go for it. If not, then be patient and shop around.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2003 :  10:52:51 PM  Show Profile
new to forum and seriously looking at a second hand 2002 triumph 186 cool bay through dealer. going out for test run this week. concerned with one of the previous post on boat taking on water. where was it taking in water? has anyone else had any other problems. also, does anyone know of link for book value for boats. this will be our 1st boat so all this is new. quoted $15,900 for the boat with several accessories included.

Go to Top of Page

jpggpj
Advanced Member

USA
776 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2003 :  07:04:44 AM  Show Profile
nascar, I had posted about a friend of mine's boat taking on water. Crazy thing is neither Travis nor the dealer who makes the boat could find or fix the problem. I know they had changed out some drains and what nots but never did fix the problem of the boat taking on water. My friend never did follow up on why, he's just happy to have gotten his new rig. Hell the rig they gave him was actually a newer model with a few different features. He seems satisfied. Also try this link for bookvalue on boats. I don't know if it will answer all your questions but it should help. www.nadaguides.com Just click on boats and that should help you out.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2003 :  09:39:14 AM  Show Profile
thanks for the reply and the nadaguides link. after looking at guide, i have some concerns with what the salesman told me. he stated that the boat was a 2002 model, logic 186 cool bay. nadaguides shows that logic stops with models in 2001 then triumph taking over. the boat had the logic name on the outside. anyone have any info.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2003 :  12:31:43 PM  Show Profile
My dad and I were looking at getting these, when we started asking around, most didn't know of it, and one guy that did said, "oh, you mean that plastic boat?" and then informed us that they changed names because they went out of business, not saying they aren't good boats, don't know if they are or not, just thought I should share.

Go to Top of Page

Gill
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  9:13:02 PM  Show Profile
quote:

thanks for the reply and the nadaguides link. after looking at guide, i have some concerns with what the salesman told me. he stated that the boat was a 2002 model, logic 186 cool bay. nadaguides shows that logic stops with models in 2001 then triumph taking over. the boat had the logic name on the outside. anyone have any info.

Go to Top of Page

Gill
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  9:17:46 PM  Show Profile
I think that Logic was in 2001 and they changed the name to Thriumph in 2002. You can tell the year model by looking at the hull number on the right rear of the boat. The last two numbers tell the year model. That is, 01 would be a 2001 & 02 would be a 2002.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000