July 26th, 27th & 28th, 2012
Faux Pas Lodge
Invitational Fishing Rodeo
620 Papworth Ave.
Metairie, LA 70005 USA
In its 14th year, the Faux Pas Lodge Invitational is fast becoming southeast Louisiana's rodeo to fish. The 2011 field included over 800 anglers! Again this year the Faux Pas Lodge Invitational will be joined by the Recreational Fisheries Research Institute (RFRI), a non-profit conservation, research, and outreach group. The Faux Pas Lodge Invitational offers a challenge for all types and skill level of anglers with four different divisions: inshore, rig, offshore, and live redfish. Additional prizes include Calcuttas for largest fish per species, grand slam calcuttas per division, Blue Marlin Tag & Release, Live Redfish Division ($1000.00 to winner sponsored by Venice Marina) and the Redfish with most spots ($500.00 to winner sponsored by Stranco Rental). The rodeo is located at the Venice Marina in Venice, LA. Calendar of events for the rodeo are as follows:
Party will continue until people or beer run out, whatever comes first.
- Registration forms are available at:
Faux Pas Prints, Venice Marina, Cypress Cove Marina, Puglias, Professional, Chags, Boat Stuf Slidell and Westbank, Delta Outboard, Freliches bait and tackle, Bent Marine, Metro Boating and Cypress Cove boating center in Slidell.
Metairie, LA 70005
Forms are also availablefor download. Registration is $40.00 / angler. Raffle Tickets are on sale at this time at Faux Pas Prints. Raffle tickets are for a signed and framed lithograph from the Carey Chen Collection.
- July 24th from 6:30pm - 10:30pm, at South Port Hall (200 Monticello Ave.) Captain's Party for all rodeo participants and sponsors. All registrations should be done in advance at Faux Pas Prints We will be selling raffle tickets for a signed and framed lithograph piece of art from the Carey Chen Collection that will be given away Saturday night at the awards ceremony. At the Captain's Party all registered anglers can pick up their ditty bags including a Faux Pas Lodge Boat Bag (1 per boat), T-shirt and hat for all registered anglers, door prize tickets and much more. This is a good time for all anglers to mingle and tell their own fish stories. Don't miss this party. It's always a huge success.
- July 26th, 12am Thursday morning fishing starts. Dinner at 6:00pm at Venice Marina with weigh in from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- July 27th second day of fishing. Weigh in from 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- July 28th last day of fishing. Weigh scales open 3:00pm - 6:00pm. Scales will close at 6:00pm SHARP. There will be a check in boat from 5:15pm to 6:00pm to check in with. He will leave at 6:00pm and no boats checked in at this time will be able to weigh fish. Fish fry and party will start at 7:00pm with the awards to be given out soon thereafter.
[Home Page] [Calcutta] [Categories] [Location] [Lodging] [Our Sponsors] [Registration Form] [Registration Party] [RULES] [Trophy Report] [Weather] [Fishing Reports] [Photo Gallery]
For advertising information click here. | Email LA Fishing & Hunting
Our high speed connection to the Internet is provided by Broadband IP
All content on this site Copyright 1995-2015 Rigs, Reefs & Wrecks Inc.