Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sportsmen's Gear Forum
 saltwater marsh fishing tactics
 So what's the secrets???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blucido
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  10:19:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm someone who loves to fish. I love especially saltwater fishing for reds, trout, flouder, drum, etc. Do I get to got as often as I would like to? No! I know that the tides, moon, water temp, etc effects if fish will feed. However, I would like to know what's the details?

Because I can't go as often as the charter captains, or others, I want to know what are things I can look at to tell if it will be a good time to go or not to go. I went fishing the other night at the pier in Mandeville. The two forecast I read said the tides would be moving and it would be a good time to fish. I went the times they said would be best. I caught nothing.... Not even a bite. I had fresh bait, used gulps, rattle traps, and other baits with no success. The tide was moving good, bait was very active, and water clarity was decent. What was my problem? Othes also were not catching anything. Would love some advice. I feel your comments may help others also. Thanks

><)))>' Brian '<(((><

Lookidat
Advanced Member

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  07:33:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know the answer myself, but if you figure it out, you will get rich!

Go to Top of Page

ed mcintyre
Administrator

USA
6938 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  4:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian, even with the best tidal prediction, the new moon, clean water, high salinity, and perfect water temps 68-72, even the guides will get skunked sometimes. the wind can and will overide the tide from time to time, the day after a period of overcasts nights can make a full moon perfect. you just have to go and go and write down the conditions each time.

when i die bury me deep, put a bucket of bait at my feet, put a rod and reel in my hand and i will fish my way to the promised land !!!! remember we did not inherit these resources from our parents, we are merely borrowing them from our children
Go to Top of Page

Frank Martin
Average Member

USA
328 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2012 :  8:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tryed on the bottom too?
Go to Top of Page

Secret Formula

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2012 :  11:48:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fish were just not moving in that area while you were fishing. That is sometimes the benefit of having or fishing from a boat. you can move until you find them...don't give up

Fret Not, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.76 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000