Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sportsmen's Gear Forum
 saltwater marsh fishing tactics
 Hospital Wall
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dippydawg

63 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  8:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard a few things about this place. Where and what exactly is it?

JOHN C
Advanced Member

USA
2766 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  11:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I was told many, many years ago and remember is that "The Hospital Wall" is located in the Rigolets....supossedly on the New Orleans side of the pass going into Lake Pontchartrain (heading north). It, I was told, is between the Hwy. 90 bridge and what used to be an old wooden light house...where we used to catch boxes of white trout and channel mullets.

At one time way back, there was a cable pulled "ferry" which transported vehicles, wagons and people across the Rigolets.

I may be wrong...so if someone knows for sure...simply respond.

Tommorow? I will check with someone I am positive would know for sure!!! John Castelluccio, Jr.

CORRECTION CORRECTION CORRECTION CORRECTION

My very, very reliable "source" came through...I WAS WRONG.

The Hospital Wall is in Lake Pontchartrain on the New Orleans side as the Rigolets goes into Pontchartrain. It is about a quarter of a mile from the Pass. I was additionally told to very careful that it is considered a navigation obstruction about a foot below the surface for almost 100 feet.

The coordinates given to me (did not mention if center or which corner) N 30 09.9190 W 089 44.9610 John Castelluccio, Jr.

New SUV, new house, new boat, retired, soon to get "new-wife" and in debt for the rest of my life!!!

Edited by - JOHN C on 05/10/2008 20:57:52
Go to Top of Page

JohnRucker
Average Member

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  9:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Send JohnRucker an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i fished the hospital wall with dudley and don dubuc for abc news last year and caught some big drum.

john rucker
Go to Top of Page

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  9:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, as I was reading your reply I kept thinking.....that's not right,is it? It's actually on the shorline of the "lake",I thought!At least that's where I was taught that it was. Thanks for the correction, my memory was right(for a change)!!!

Henry Bonck
Go to Top of Page

JohnRucker
Average Member

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  11:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Send JohnRucker an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Im not too familiar with the area, but we were parked by a piling about 100 yards off the shore which i thought was the north shore, but im 50/50 on it. We went later in the day and like i said hooked up with some big drum for the tv.

john rucker
Go to Top of Page

Dippydawg

63 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  1:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like it is submerged and could be problematic if you ran over it. I see that my foldup map has it marked but no coordiantes. Is it marked in any way? Does anyone know the GPS coordinates of the beginning and end "North side / souith side", I would hate to accidentaly find it!!

Go to Top of Page

FishREezz
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  11:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dippy I am going fishing tomorrow. I will try to head over that way and get you the coordinates. From google earth, John C's coordinates look pretty good to me. I bet from the map you can see its about 1/4 mile from the where the old light house was. It's been a while since I was there, I remember two pilings and we tied to one being careful not to go between either of them. We had better luck fishing out than in ....as far as tackle. But try it, you may have better luck.

John C....the bridge was built in 1931 and it did replace the ferry. The lighthouse was built around 1855, during the Civil War the night keeper was shot and killed in the lighthouse. It was his second night on the job. The next keeper stayed for 35 yrs.

I hope we have a fish fry tomorrow!!

Edited by - fishreezz on 05/12/2008 23:08:02
Go to Top of Page

JOHN C
Advanced Member

USA
2766 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  11:32:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kiki...thank you very much for the histry FYI. Ask your ex-26 to telephone me...504-481-1344. Thanks again---John Castelluccio, Jr.

New SUV, new house, new boat, retired, soon to get "new-wife" and in debt for the rest of my life!!!
Go to Top of Page

JohnRucker
Average Member

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  08:34:34 AM  Show Profile  Send JohnRucker an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dippy I am going fishing tomorrow. I will try to head over that way and get you the coordinates. From google earth, John C's coordinates look pretty good to me. I bet from the map you can see its about 1/4 mile from the where the old light house was. It's been a while since I was there, I remember two pilings and we tied to one being careful not to go between either of them. We had better luck fishing out than in ....as far as tackle. But try it, you may have better luck.

John C....the bridge was built in 1931 and it did replace the ferry. The lighthouse was built around 1855, during the Civil War the night keeper was shot and killed in the lighthouse. It was his second night on the job. The next keeper stayed for 35 yrs.

I hope we have a fish fry tomorrow!!

Edited by - fishreezz on 05/12/2008 23:08:02

I remember us doing the same!

look for the pilings and drop your bait right there and watch for snags.

john rucker
Go to Top of Page

Coffeepot Bill
Advanced Member

USA
3984 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  1:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Coffeepot Bill a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
CAN ANYONE E.MAIL A PICTURE/MAP OF THAT AREA? SORT OF X MARKS DA SPOT ...
> GPS < IF POSSIABLE

COFFEEPOTBILL@COX.NET

COFFEEPOTBILL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000