Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sportsmen's Lounge
 The Back Room
 Fishing Television Shows
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stevenmusumeche

94 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  09:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Send stevenmusumeche an AOL message
There are tons of fishing shows on TV, but most are bass fishing which isn't my thing. However, I have found several good shows which specialize in South Louisiana saltwater fishing for specs, reds, etc. If you have Cox DVR's service you can set it to automatically record these for you. Here are the shows that I have found - any others you know of?

Louisiana Sportsman TV
Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues
Paradise Louisiana
Sportsmans Paradise
Louisiana Wildlife
WWL 10pm news on Thursday - Frank Davis Fishin' Game report

n/a
deleted

388 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  09:12:06 AM  Show Profile
I like the local shows, my favorite would be Louisiana Sportsman TV, man they have really improved the quality of that show this year, shooting in HD and all. Kevin Ford seems like he would be a cool guy to fish with. Paradise La and Sportsman's Paradise is good as well. One of the best episodes of Louisiana Sportsman TV was the final show from last year, with all their bloopers.

I prefer the local shows over the national ones where they're going after bass, walleye, and bonefish on the FL flats.

Bunglle?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1534 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  09:33:13 AM  Show Profile
I got a chance to be on Kevin's show last year with Capt. Frank Moore. We had a blast. You are right Kevin is a great guy to fish with, and watching him do his stuff was a treat. I was impressed with his professionalism in front of the camera, then turn around and be total goof ball. The new show format is top notch.

Capt. Bary and Capt. CT have a very good show also, Louisiana Wildlife. This show also has improved for this season and is shown nation wide. They do a great job of showcasing what Louisiana is all about, with lots of good information. And you want to talk about fun to be around Barry and CT are as good as it gets.

Bob is a super nice guy that loves to share all he knows with anyone, but his show could be a little better. The production quality is almost amateurish, but then again he does not have big $ behind the show. He also gets stuck with show after show in the same areas doing the same thing over and over, and mostly in areas not of interest to me. If he does happen to be in an area you like to fish though you can pick up some valuable tips. One thing he does do is show you exactly where he is fishing, not just general areas.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
First class speckled trout
and redfish fishing
in Shell Beach, LA

United we stand and United we fish

Edited by - rory on 05/12/2006 09:34:40
Go to Top of Page

justgeaux
Average Member

265 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  10:10:07 AM  Show Profile
I'm afraid to say-cause if it isn't on the approved list of advertisers which I honestly -don't knowwhat or who---It'd be toast time....

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

388 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  10:43:44 AM  Show Profile
I haven't seen Barry and CT's show in a while, I need to check which channel it comes on. I usually catch Louisana Sportsman et al on Saturday mornings getting ready for work.

quote:

I'm afraid to say-cause if it isn't on the approved list of advertisers which I honestly -don't knowwhat or who---It'd be toast time....

email it to me wils@crescenttrucks.com and I'll post it for ya!!

My only regret is that I have only 1 user id to give for my brothers of poof.

Bunglle?
Go to Top of Page

c-cab
Average Member

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  8:26:04 PM  Show Profile
If your ever really bored, get a pen and paper [you'll need it] and keep track of how many times Bob says, "Stay tuned folks!" in one episode. Bob cracks me up...so does Gary Rispone' from Paradise Louisiana.... My favorite has to be Kevin Ford's show. Very well produced and he actually fishes instead of talking for half the show. The episode he just shot with Capt. Dudley out at Seabrook was awesome. Those were the biggest specks i've ever seen....

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1534 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  10:16:00 PM  Show Profile
I took a few guys the other day and they were doing Bob impressions all day long. They had me cracking up.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
First class speckled trout
and redfish fishing
in Shell Beach, LA

United we stand and United we fish
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

388 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2006 :  11:39:15 AM  Show Profile
I watched Kevin with Dudley this morning. My wife says "how come we fish there and don't catch fish like that?" I then go on to try and explain, conditions, (did you see how calm the lake was?) and the fact the Dudley is the MAN on Lake Ponch.

Bunglle?
Go to Top of Page

Coffeepot Bill
Advanced Member

USA
3980 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2006 :  4:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Coffeepot Bill a Yahoo! Message
yeah them dam little old 4 and 5 pounders
keep jumping in da boat ...

COFFEEPOTBILL
Go to Top of Page

stevenmusumeche

94 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2006 :  10:48:49 AM  Show Profile  Send stevenmusumeche an AOL message
For some reason I really like Bob's show. In his most recent one, he said that he was having a tough time keeping the show on the air because of a lack of sponsors after Katrina. I hope he can keep it on.

Go to Top of Page

raquilo2
Advanced Member

USA
848 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2006 :  11:32:03 AM  Show Profile

i went to fish seabrook with dudely a couple of years ago & when we got there all the other boats were just sitting around catching nada.
it was about 630am & we had some of the biggest live shrimp i have ever seen in the bait well. dudely put the trolling motor down & told us to set up about 7-8 feet deep with sliding corks & start casting with the shrimp. dudley just started trolling in circles & the specks started hitting. before you knew it everybody in the area started
catching. dudley pulled the trolling motor up & anchored & we limited out on specs that were unbelievable.

Go to Top of Page

old man salty

5 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2006 :  1:28:36 PM  Show Profile
i prefer the espn and OLN shows. the local shows are just so plain...just casting and casting and casting. the nat'l shows get into the whole world of saltwater fishing. they do spotlights on cooking your catch, things to do besides fishing (when your traveling), boat care, even medical advice for when your out on the water. and the scripts for these shows are great....like they were taken from a hemingway novel. this combined with excellent photography can be quite moving

my favorites are "world of saltwater fishing" and "offshore adventures"

Edited by - old man salty on 05/15/2006 13:31:11
Go to Top of Page

Big John
Advanced Member

USA
1201 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  10:37:08 PM  Show Profile
One show that I used to watch was called Fishing the Boot. It was produced by two guys named Jason and looked like they were using $250.00 Wally World camcorders. The production values were terrible and they didn't even edit out catching hard heads. It was like watching a video your kids made or something. The show didn't last long, but was always good for a laugh.

Old Fishermen Never Die, They just smell that way !
Go to Top of Page

Coffeepot Bill
Advanced Member

USA
3980 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  08:59:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Coffeepot Bill a Yahoo! Message
New this season are two that sharks are the center of attraction...

We need that show to thin out da toothy ones around here...

We have reds <> wahoos <> specks <> etc etc

Why not a shark rodeo

COFFEEPOTBILL
Go to Top of Page

BillyH

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  03:32:56 AM  Show Profile
I like the local shows too. And Ive seen, seems like on most of them, they have a segment on cooking your catch. Id give anything to fish with either Dudley or Bob. It appears at least with Bob you wouldnt have to carry on 85% of the conversation. Old Dudley dont seem to say much, he just puts fish in the boat. I hope Bob finds the funding to keep his show up and running. I enjoy him the best I guess. Whats the chances an average joe has of fishing with one of these guys?

Billy
Go to Top of Page

Blazer
Advanced Member

USA
2651 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  08:42:02 AM  Show Profile
Dudley is a guide and you can pay for a trip with him any time. Bob is a TV personality and I do not know about him. Perhaps you could offer to pay for the trip for an upcoming show.

Go to Top of Page

Mrs. Redfish

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  06:53:09 AM  Show Profile
Bob always says "stick wit us","Mr. Boga Grip", and "Mr. Redfish", in a very boring voice, but you hafta admit he explains everything in detail.

Did ya ever check out his landing net???(lol)

lulu

"If momma ain't happy,
ain't nobody happy"
Go to Top of Page

Coffeepot Bill
Advanced Member

USA
3980 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  10:22:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Coffeepot Bill a Yahoo! Message
ARE THERE ANY SHOWS BESIDE FRANK'S THAT COMES ON REGULAR NON-CABLE T.V.

COFFEEPOTBILL
Go to Top of Page

Lookidat
Advanced Member

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  2:02:39 PM  Show Profile
For my money, that "Get Wild" show with the tall blond host can't be beat. A knock-dead woman that can hunt and fish with most men... if her daddy owns a liquer store, I think I just found my next wife!

Go to Top of Page

twentynine
Average Member

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  4:31:58 PM  Show Profile
I second that Get Wild show, her name is Cindy Garrison (I think). One problem she don' ever wear no shoes, probably got alligator feet.

Go to Top of Page

Lookidat
Advanced Member

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  06:54:12 AM  Show Profile
Twentynine,

Like I care if she has feet.......

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000