Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Conservation and Political Issues
 Conservation Issues
 Lowering Creel Limits
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Troutkilr

4 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  4:55:54 PM  Show Profile
The B. R. Advocate has an article by Joe Macaluso today that was very disturbing to me.. It seems that the gloom and doom bunch from the CCA is at it again. A Fred Miller from Shreveport is going to propose that the limit on Speckled Trout be lowered to 15 in Big and Sabine lakes and surrounding waters at the commission meeting on Thursday of this week.

This is just more bullsh.. from a bunch of people with an agenda they want to shove down everyone's throat.. I will be at the meeting on Thursday to see what, if any, scientific data is presented in support of such a ludicrous idea. I would be willing to bet it will be along the lines of "We should be proactive when dealing with conserving the resouce"...or "how many filets can a person eat",....or "we really don't have any biological date, but we FEEL that lowering the limits will surely have a positive effect on the fish"..

We have had this discussion before when the CCA was successful in getting the number of fish over 25 inches that a person could keep cut to two. Back then the CCA stated it was not their goal to push for lower limits, or push for an increase in the minimum/maximum sizes in any other portion of the state. Yeah...Right!!!

Those of you that remember my posts will recall that I stated that it would only be a matter of time before the CCA came back and proposed new regulations for the entire state...well guess what is happening folks...That same bunch that refuses to get involved in the public/private water fight is attempting to push more restrictive regulations down your throat without so much as asking your opinion.

My postion was, and still is, that if and when the scientists and biologists present concensus data that more restrictions are needed on Speckled Trout I will lead the call for their implementation.

Until then it would behoove all coastal fishermen to contact their state representative, senators, and the commission members and voice their disagreement with "Feel Good Legislation".

If you agree please email me and we will see what kind of effort we can begin to keep the "Chicken Little's" from dictating what is good for you and me.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000