Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Conservation and Political Issues
 Conservation Issues
 Fishing waterways that are located on land that is
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2005 :  8:07:33 PM  Show Profile
I have a question I would like to be answered by someone that has knowledge on this issue. I've been fishing south la. now for over
40 years and love how this state has so much to offer. I do a lot of catch and release fishing out of a kayak. This sport causes absolutely no erosion nor pollution. One problem, more and more of the coastal waterways are being leased for hunting which does not allow me to enter the waterways on this land. How can a person that has a lease keep me off of the waterways that is fed by
natural tides. Also fish that enters a lease is not owned by anybody and should be legal for any person to catch. My tax dollars are spent on coastal restoration which these land leasers benefit from.
Just doesn't make sense!!! I'm paying for something that I can't enjoy. I was once told by a person that was managing a lease, that his boss has the rights to the land, water, and fish. That's a bunch
of bull!!! No person should own the rights to any fish or water that migrates on and off the land being leased. Would somebody please
explain to me the logic behind this. Before long, the average person won't be able to fish anywhere inside the marsh. The few wealthy people will control all of the inside waterways. I realize that La.
Wildlife Mgt. has a few places set aside but that's not the issue.
I don't think I should be limited to where I can fish.
Thanks for any responses to this matter,
S. Johnson

hcso220
Starting Member

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  05:55:30 AM  Show Profile
Boy....you're really preaching to the choir on this subject....nobody likes it but no one can figure out how to stop it...most everyone that reads you post will agree with you 100 percent....let's hope it works out

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting in the boat like an idiot.....
Go to Top of Page

cvillere

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  10:27:57 AM  Show Profile
If a waterway is built and maintained with private funds, then it is private. The seminal case for this issue involved the McIlhennys, the owners of tabasco sauce.
If a waterway was navigable "in fact" in 1812, then it belongs to the state, and is public land.
CV

Go to Top of Page

beaux

6 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  10:03:44 AM  Show Profile
Mr. Johnson,

I totally agree with you. The fact that " If it was navagatible in 1812" Is the only thing that keeps the gates up. Federal law says that All water effected by tidal surge belongs to the public and thats the way it should be. The state controls this. The only way to change this is to speak! Via petition to allow access to free flowing waters. We have a petition going around for this and have already collected thousands of names. I would be happy to email you one to get filled out. You can mail it back to me at:

Barataria Bass Masters
P.O.Box 3363
Gretna, La, 70056

This has been a problem for Sport Fisherman for a long time and we want to change it. Everyone can help. we are shooting for atleast 100,000.00 names. We will deliver these names to Gov. Blanco as soon as we reach the number. We will invite every fisherman to bring their boats to baton rouge with us and try to get some news coverage on this. If everyone would do this then I think we would have a chance to get something done.

My Email address is: BaratariaBassMasters@Hotmail.com

Remember, The only way to get something done is to Do It!

Thanks,
Beaux Naquin
President of Barataria Bass Masters

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000