Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Conservation and Political Issues
 Conservation Issues
 deer hunting with dogs
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ed mcintyre
Administrator

USA
6938 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  5:18:10 PM  Show Profile
what do you guys think??? does it offer more fun to the younger hunters who can't sit still very long?? ed

DON'T WORRY BOUT' DE MULE BOY, JUST LOAD DE WAGON!!!!!!!

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  11:39:19 PM  Show Profile
ED,

I think deer hunting with dogs is of the most blood pumping types of hunting there is... I grewup with it and now 33 years later I am just as excited as my first hunt. I have seen many young boys and girls get the thrill of a lifetime just to hear the dogs run and now with a good number of does being harvasted a good chance to take a doe is just that much more exciting...

Their are players and their are coaches...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

301 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2004 :  10:00:11 PM  Show Profile
Gotta agree with Coy. I also grew up hunting with dogs, and when you hear the yelping coming your way, it gets the blood pumping, and the heart racing. The best part is when the driver, then jumps in the truck to head off the chase, and he flies by you at 85mph. It is not just for the kids to stay awake with, but I as an adult love to hear the dogs run.
Same thing with rabbit hunting, just hearing the dogs pack and the chase is on, gotta get the blood pumped.

Would you like fries with that fish??
John
Go to Top of Page

Outsideallthetime
Administrator

1855 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2004 :  11:36:54 AM  Show Profile
You know....it seems that we are losing our ability to "hunt"...that is, alot of hunters are sitting in boxes and not scouting, tracking and doing the rest of the things that are part of hunting. Deer hunting with dogs can be a good tool to use to teach responsibility and ethics. One must care for the dogs year round and also control some of their behaviors. I certainly don't think we should try to ban dog hunting in MS where I live. I know of a camp with over 12,000 acres in one block if anyone would like to dog hunt!

Go to Top of Page

ed mcintyre
Administrator

USA
6938 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2004 :  12:35:15 PM  Show Profile
one thing i miss about dog hunting was having a pack of kids with me as i walked or rode a horse through the woods. as i would come up on rubs and scrapes i would explain these to the kids. i also would show them how deer would use all available cover as they went from place to place. you know i still have friends of mine who place stands overlooking wide open woods. i do take my son walking in the fall through the woods and explain the ways of deer and show him the trails. he soaks up the knowledge like a sponge, just like the kids did with me 10 years ago. ed

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000