Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sportsmen's Lounge
 The Back Room
 What's wrong w/ Lafitte fishing
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  11:03:36 AM  Show Profile
I am considering buying a camp in Lafitte but the fishing has been horrible as of late. Anyone having similar problems? If so, why? Is it the fresh water diversion project?

shep
Advanced Member

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  12:40:59 PM  Show Profile
I'm not sure but that diversion has pushed a lot of the saltwater back. A lot of my honey holes have turned sour and have gotten really shallow.

Support our troops, PERIOD!

Move you F&^%ing Clown.
Go to Top of Page

lkennair

458 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  12:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Send lkennair a Yahoo! Message
I maybe wrong but I don't belive davis pond is open.The fish are only bitting for a little while in the morn & the afternoon.

JUST LOOKING FOR SOME TAIL. CAPT.MIKEY

http://photos.yahoo.com/redfishkillers
Go to Top of Page

Craig C

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  1:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Craig C an AOL message
I went Friday with lkennair and we had a bad day until he showed he favorite lure for Reds.

Take a 1 oz. D.O.A. glow shrimp dip it in red dye then dip it in yellow dye.After that dries I put super glue on the eyes and cover them with red glitter,then put a thin line of glue down the back and lightly sprinkel with silver glitter.Be sure to remove all the excess glitter.Throw 3ft pass the redfish and drag slowly over his back.They love the stimulation and will quickly trun around and give it a big kiss.

He needs to get together with Redbone and start marketing this sucker!

Happy Fishing!

Craig

"A bad day of fishing is still better than staying home and getting yelled at by the wife!"
Go to Top of Page

lkennair

458 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  1:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Send lkennair a Yahoo! Message
I'm glad you didn't tell them the secret 3 jerk with a 2 1/2 lift set retrieve.

JUST LOOKING FOR SOME TAIL. CAPT.MIKEY

http://photos.yahoo.com/redfishkillers
Go to Top of Page

Craig C

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  7:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Craig C an AOL message
You told them Mike not me!

Happy Fishing!

Craig

"A bad day of fishing is still better than staying home and getting yelled at by the wife!"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

815 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  7:28:18 PM  Show Profile
My humble .02--The water had been high and put so much fresh water into the system for so long that it first scattered the shrimp and then the trout. As the River began to fall and so the levels in the Marsh, It brought debris rotten grass and silt into the system. As that decayed further in the water and with the nice summer temps we've had lower O2 levels. In some of the ponds I frequent there the water was stagnate and almost pudrid and for the first time ---didn't catch a thing.

An "Ole timer" at Lake Hermitage said the area doesn't start doing good --like the old days---until the River gets to 5.5 on the N.O. gauge.---This is when the "diversion' shuts down and stops putting fresh water into the system. Now with the River at 4.8 maybe we will see in a few weeks if things improve....Anyhow won't be going back to our favorite ponds until fall and will be concentrating at Buras /East side where there is better interaction between the salt/fresh water......

Go to Top of Page

Mrs. Redfish

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  10:53:00 PM  Show Profile
I can only tell you that where we once caught speckles and reds, we are now catching bass.
My camp is in the Salvador Management area, and the water is almost completely fresh.The Davis Pond Diversion IS open and the one in Myrtle Grove is set to open soon, so the fresh water is coming from all around.
Bass is my favorite eating fish, but there's nothing like fightin a red.

Get da Net!!!

Is it beer-thirty yet??
Go to Top of Page

shep
Advanced Member

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  11:07:57 PM  Show Profile
Where is your camp at Mrs. Redfish?? We hunt the management area and fish it quite a bit. I have a friend with a camp out there also... The Troxler family.

Move you F&^%ing Clown.
Go to Top of Page

Coffeepot Bill
Advanced Member

USA
3984 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  11:18:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Coffeepot Bill a Yahoo! Message
THE FEDS HAVE DAVIS POND NORTH OF US WORKING ON THE LAFITTE AREA...
THE PARISH OF PLAQUMINE HAS THE SECOND DIVERSION WORKING TO THE EAST OF LAFITTE...YOU CAN SEE THE LIGHTS OF THE REFINERY FROM LAFITTE AT NIGHT... SOUTH AND EAST OF LAFITTE IS THE THIRD AND LAST DIVERSION ALSO A PLAQUMINE PARISH PROJECT WORKING AT POINT-A-LA-HATCHE... THIS IS RUNNING FRESH WATER INTO THE AREA FROM EAST OF LAKE WASHINGTON...NOW ADD UP THE DIVERSIONS THAT ARE WORKING AGAINST THE SALT WATER AND MAKE YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS... ANYONE WANT TO TAKE UP BASS FISHING

COFFEEPOTBILL

Edited by - COFFEEPOTBILL on 08/02/2004 17:45:17
Go to Top of Page

ed mcintyre
Administrator

USA
6938 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2004 :  08:57:13 AM  Show Profile
well i don't know if the freshwater diversions are working, but this has been an abnormal year for rainfall in the upper mississippi river basin. it is not the rain in northern la or mississippi, it is the rain in the midwest, and it is raining up there again, the river will start rising again in vicksburg before the weeks end and it will be jumping a foot to a foot and a half a day. ed

ALWAYS REMEBER, WE DID NOT INHERIT THESE GREAT OUTDOOR RESOURCES FROM OUR FOREFATHERS. WE ARE JUST BORROWING THEM FROM OUR CHILDREN
Go to Top of Page

ed mcintyre
Administrator

USA
6938 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2004 :  09:04:37 AM  Show Profile
www.riverwatch.noaa.gov/forecasts/ORNRVASIL. this is the address for the mississippi, missouri river forecast . ed

ALWAYS REMEBER, WE DID NOT INHERIT THESE GREAT OUTDOOR RESOURCES FROM OUR FOREFATHERS. WE ARE JUST BORROWING THEM FROM OUR CHILDREN
Go to Top of Page

Mrs. Redfish

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2004 :  9:34:39 PM  Show Profile
Shep, sorry I didn't see your post.My camp is on Tar Paper canal.No, I dont believe I know the Troxlers,sorry.
We were very brackish, but now you taste the water all the way to Bayou Perot and there's no salt in it.
So yes we are becoming bass fishermen, we don't have a choice.

Get da Net!!!

Is it beer-thirty yet??
Go to Top of Page

shep
Advanced Member

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2004 :  10:43:26 PM  Show Profile
That's cool. Since they partially opened that diversion, Lake Cautawachee has been filling up with grass. Our duck hunting holes have filled up with mud over the last year. What was once 2 ft of water is now a marsh flat.

Move you F&^%ing Clown.
Go to Top of Page

Mrs. Redfish

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2004 :  10:56:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey Shep, watch for "da BEAST" out there,it'll be me and watch where ya shoot!!!

Get da Net!!!

Is it beer-thirty yet??
Go to Top of Page

shep
Advanced Member

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2004 :  11:35:41 PM  Show Profile
Will do Mrs.

Move you F&^%ing Clown.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000